Welcome to Colorado ASA / USA Softball
The Colorado Amateur Softball Association (CASA), a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization the state office is located in Westminster, CO. This association was founded in 1952. The Junior Olympic began in 1982 and has developed into the strongest and most progressive nonprofit softball organization in the State.
Vision: ASA will be the standard of excellence in softball. Colorado ASA serves as a guideline for each and every aspect of Softball operations. Our objective is to position Colorado ASA as the gold standard of tournaments management, officiating, competition, community and involvement.
Mission: The Amateur Softball Association is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States. We develop, administer and promote the sport of softball to provide opportunities for participation and the best possible experience for those involved.
- Continue and enhance our long standing focus on the player, the quality of the game, and quality of service.
- Focus on financial and organization effectiveness that enhances our services.
- To be a creative and responsive business partner with other softball nonprofit organizations.
Provide best in class customer service
ASA is the only governing body that operates a Gold classification program.
ASA requires all registered coaches to be ACE certified and pass a background check.
Colorado ASA will partner with softball organizations to support their fund raising efforts.
Colorado ASA only sanctions tournament for 501C (3) organizations in good standing.
Assure tournaments conducted in accordance with our established standards.
Colorado ASA News
NOW AVAILABLE- The “2015 Official Rules of ASA Softball” are available for purchase on the APPLE AND ANDROID Platforms. You can search “ASA Softball” or “rules of softball” on both platforms and the listing will pop up for purchase for $14.99 annual payment.
Download from iTunes
Download from Google Play
Balls and Strikes Online Magazine – March 2015 issues available now.
Date Line Apr 2, 2015: As we continue strengthening our leadership team, I have appointed Pamella Vallejos as the State UIC. She can be reached at StateUIC@ColoradoASA.org
Date Line Oct 10, 2015: As we continue strengthening our leadership team, I have filled the open position of Junior Olympic Commissioner for the State of Colorado. I would like to announce I have appointed Dave Thies effective today.
He is the current varsity Head Coach at Grandview High School. I am certain Dave’s passion, drive and softball experience will add value and continued improvement to the program. He can be reached at JoCommissioner@coloradoASA.org
Date Line Jan 28, 2015: OKLAHOMA CITY — The Amateur Softball Association (ASA)/USA Softball, a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization, announced today that Nik Mead (Westminster, Colo.) has been appointed as Commissioner for the Colorado ASA/USA Softball association. Mead will assume his responsibilities immediately.
“I am thrilled to be selected as the next Commissioner for Colorado ASA/USA,” Mead said. “I accepted the position because I believe I can make a difference. My many years of softball experience and the working relationships I have created during this period will certainly add value.”
- Single session tickets now available for the 2016 NCAA Women's College World SeriesShare the experience and come to the NCAA WCWS this June! […]
- ASA Hall of Fame Complex to host MIAA Conference Championship[…]
- ASA/USA Softball ACE Coaching Certification Program reaches 10,000th milestone for 2016 season[…]
- Candrea on Coaching The Value of Sport[…]
- Multi-hit performances lands Astin Donovan USA Softball Collegiate Player of the WeekFor the week, Donovan had a .636 batting average (7-for-11) and a .727 slugging percentage. […]
- Maccabi USA seeking Jewish softball players for 20th World Maccabiah Games[…]