Welcome to Colorado ASA/USA Softball
The Colorado Amateur Softball Association (CASA), a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization the state office is located in Westminster, CO. This association was founded in 1952. The Junior Olympic began in 1982 and has developed into the strongest and most progressive nonprofit softball organization in the State.
Vision: ASA will be the standard of excellence in softball. USA Softball of Colorado serves as a guideline for each and every aspect of Softball operations. Our objective is to position USA Softball of Colorado as the gold standard of tournaments management, officiating, competition, community and involvement.
Mission: The Amateur Softball Association is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States. We develop, administer and promote the sport of softball to provide opportunities for participation and the best possible experience for those involved.
- Continue and enhance our long standing focus on the player, the quality of the game, and quality of service.
- Focus on financial and organization effectiveness that enhances our services.
- To be a creative and responsive business partner with other softball nonprofit organizations.
Provide best in class customer service
ASA is the only governing body that operates a Gold classification program.
ASA requires all registered coaches to be ACE certified and pass a background check.
USA Softball of Colorado will partner with softball organizations to support their fund raising efforts.
USA Softball of Colorado only sanctions tournament for 501C (3) organizations in good standing.
Assure tournaments conducted in accordance with our established standards.
Colorado ASA/USA News
NOW AVAILABLE- The “2016 Official Rules of ASA Softball” are available for purchase on the APPLE AND ANDROID Platforms. You can search “ASA Softball” or “rules of softball” on both platforms and the listing will pop up for purchase for $14.99 annual payment.
Download from iTunes
Download from Google Play
Balls and Strikes Online Magazine – March 2015 issues available now.
Date Line Apr 2, 2015: As we continue strengthening our leadership team, I have appointed Pamella Vallejos as the State UIC. She can be reached at StateUIC@ColoradoASA.org
Date Line Oct 10, 2015: As we continue strengthening our leadership team, I have filled the open position of Junior Olympic Commissioner for the State of Colorado. I would like to announce I have appointed Dave Thies effective today.
He is the current varsity Head Coach at Grandview High School. I am certain Dave’s passion, drive and softball experience will add value and continued improvement to the program. He can be reached at JoCommissioner@coloradoASA.org
Date Line Jan 28, 2015: OKLAHOMA CITY — The Amateur Softball Association (ASA)/USA Softball, a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization, announced today that Nik Mead (Westminster, Colo.) has been appointed as Commissioner for the Colorado ASA/USA Softball association. Mead will assume his responsibilities immediately.
“I am thrilled to be selected as the next Commissioner for Colorado ASA/USA,” Mead said. “I accepted the position because I believe I can make a difference. My many years of softball experience and the working relationships I have created during this period will certainly add value.”
August 15, 2016 – Roster will be reset and all players will automatically be released in Register ASA and Tournament ASA.
Monday, August 22nd @ 8:00AM Central Time – New ACE and Background Checks for the 2016 will not be allowed; only in-progress ACE or Background Checks will be completed during the last two of weeks of the 2016 season.
Monday, August 29th @ 8:00AM Central Time – RegisterASA will be taken offline for maintenance
Thursday, September 1st, 2016 @ 8:00AM Central Time – RegisterASA will be back online.
Our association will now be in the 2017 season for JO registrations. ACE and Background Checks for the 2017 will resume.
- Twenty initial athletes invited to attend Junior Women's National Team Selection CampAthletes will vie for a spot on 2017 Junior Women's National Team roster.
- Forty-three initial athletes invited to 2017 USA Softball Women’s National Team Selection CampAthletes who accept the invitation will vie for 17 spots on the 2017 Women's National Team roster.
- ASA/USA Softball to donate $4,150 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®This year's auction brings USA Softball’s nine year donation total to $79,350!
- Robert "Bobby" Peña accepts Arizona ASA/USA Softball Commissioner positionPeña steps into the position with a backing of over 30 years of experience as an athlete, coach and administrator.
- October Plays and Clarifications
- Applicants sought for Commissioner with Arkansas ASA/USA SoftballRésumé’s must be received at the National Office by November 1, 2016.