Welcome to Colorado ASA / USA Softball
The Colorado Amateur Softball Association (CASA), a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization based in Broomfield, CO. This association was founded in 1952. The Junior Olympic began in 1982 and has developed into the strongest and most progressive nonprofit softball organization in the State.
Vision: ASA will be the standard of excellence in softball. Colorado ASA serves as a guideline for each and every aspect of Softball operations. Our objective is to position Colorado ASA as the gold standard of tournaments management, officiating, competition, community and involvement.
Mission: The Amateur Softball Association is the National Governing Body of softball in the United States. We develop, administer and promote the sport of softball to provide opportunities for participation and the best possible experience for those involved.
- Continue and enhance our long standing focus on the player, the quality of the game, and quality of service.
- Focus on financial and organization effectiveness that enhances our services.
- To be a creative and responsive business partner with other softball nonprofit organizations.
Provide best in class customer service
ASA is the only governing body that operates a Gold classification program.
ASA requires all registered coaches to be ACE certified and pass a background check.
Colorado ASA will partner with softball organizations to support their fund raising efforts.
Colorado ASA only sanctions tournament for 501C (3) organizations in good standing.
Assure tournaments conducted in accordance with our established standards.
Colorado ASA News
NOW AVAILABLE- The “2015 Official Rules of ASA Softball” are available for purchase on the APPLE AND ANDROID Platforms. You can search “ASA Softball” or “rules of softball” on both platforms and the listing will pop up for purchase for $14.99 annual payment.
Download from iTunes
Download from Google Play
Balls and Strikes Online Magazine – March 2015 issues available now.
Colorado ASA retires 5280fastpitch services and launches Tournament ASA
Date Line Mar 10, 2015: As we continue strengthening our leadership team, I have filled the open position of Junior Olympic Commissioner for the State of Colorado. I would like to announce I have appointed Amanda Kegerreis effective today. Amanda earned her bachelors in physical education and health from Metropolitan State University after she attended Otero Junior College on a Softball Scholarship. Amanda grew up playing fast pitch softball with Colorado Stars (Sakamoto) and Colorado Commotion (Duran) travel Teams.
She is the current varsity Head Coach at Bear Creek High School. I am certain Amanda’s passion, drive and softball experience will add value and continued improvement to the program. She can be reached at JoCommissioner@coloradoASA.org
Date Line Jan 28, 2015: OKLAHOMA CITY — The Amateur Softball Association (ASA)/USA Softball, a volunteer driven, not-for-profit organization, announced today that Nik Mead (Westminster, Colo.) has been appointed as Commissioner for the Colorado ASA/USA Softball association. Mead will assume his responsibilities immediately.
“I am thrilled to be selected as the next Commissioner for Colorado ASA/USA,” Mead said. “I accepted the position because I believe I can make a difference. My many years of softball experience and the working relationships I have created during this period will certainly add value.”
- February 2016 Plays and ClarificationsThe February 2016 Rule Clarification and Plays has been released - click to read more. […]
- Over 150 members arrive in Oklahoma City for 2016 Junior Olympic WorkshopThe ASA/USA Softball National Office welcomes 150 members to Oklahoma City for 2016 Junior Olympic Workshop! […]
- Top 50 “Watch List” for the 2016 USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year announcedSee which athletes made the "Watch List" for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year! […]
- Matt Palazzo named 2015 Male Fast Pitch Athlete of the YearThe No. 3 batter in the U.S. lineup played in every competition for the Red, White and Blue last summer. […]
- 2016 Preseason Top 25 PollTake a look and see where your favorite college team ranks! […]
- An important message about updates to ASA/USA Softball's Certified BatsAn update to the ASA/USA Certified Bat list. […]